Helping Patients Breathe Easier, Do More & Enjoy Life
Breakthrough Technology for Severe Emphysema
The Zephyr Valve delivers durable clinical benefits – without surgery and its associated risks.1-5
- Improved health status
- Improved lung function
- Increased exercise capacity
- Reduced breathlessness or dyspnea
- Reduced gas trapping
- Improved quality of life
How It Works
See how the Zephyr Valve treatment is performed as a minimally invasive lung volume reduction procedure to reduce hyperinflation and gas trapping in patients with severe emphysema. The Zephyr Valve is the first endobronchial valve to receive approval from the FDA for patients with either heterogenous and homogeneous emphysema.
Selecting the Right Patient
Assess with Certainty. Treat with Confidence.
Pulmonx provides a comprehensive solution for identifying eligible patients, using tools to help physicians precisely identify:
- Patients most likely to benefit from Zephyr Valve treatment
- Target lobes for treatment, which could include upper and/or lower lobes
Patient Benefits & Risks
Patients treated with the Zephyr Valve compared to patients on medication alone were able to:1
- Return to activities that were previously limited
- Feel less shortness of breath
- Walk longer distances
- Have more energy
- Feel more confident leaving their home
Complications of the Zephyr Endobronchial Valve treatment can include but are not limited to pneumothorax, worsening of COPD symptoms, hemoptysis, pneumonia, dyspnea and, in rare cases, death.