California Job Applicant Notice
Notice of Collection of Personal Information for California Residents
To Applicants for Employment Positions
This Notice of Collection for California Residents explains how PulmonX Corporation and PulmonX International Sarl (collectively, “PulmonX,” “we,” or “us”) collect and use your personal information when you submit it to us by website, email, paper, or other method to apply for employment with PulmonX. Note that, in most cases, we will supplement the information you provide with other personal information from third parties we select, such as background check and driving record information providers, from third parties that you instruct or authorize to send information to us, and from publicly available information.
The categories of personal information listed below that we receive will be used to assess your suitability as a PulmonX employee, to evaluate your qualifications for available or anticipated employment positions at PulmonX, and for the purposes of complying with applicable laws. Unless you direct otherwise in writing, we may (but are not obligated to) retain the personal information you provide for up to two years and we may use that information to consider your eligibility for any available or anticipated employment positions at PulmonX during that time.
The categories of personal information we may collect and process (but only to the extent and in a manner that is consistent with applicable law) are as follows:
- Personal identifiers and demographics. PulmonX collects personal identifiers (such as your name, contact information, Social Security number, driver’s license number, and passport number) and demographic information (such as your date of birth). Sensitive identifiers such as Social Security, passport, and driver’s license numbers should only be collected when there is a need for those identifiers (for example, to comply with immigration requirements or for the purposes of obtaining driving records or background checks).
- Job preference information. PulmonX will receive the information you submit about your job preferences (such as the posting and description of the job to which you apply, your compensation expectations, and your preferred start date).
- Professional, employment, and education information. PulmonX collects professional and employment-related information (such as information in your cover letter and resume/CV, a list of skills (such as language and office skills), employer information (such as job responsibilities and duties and reason for leaving), references, expected salary, and available start date) and education information (such as certifications, licenses, academic transcripts, journeyman card or equivalent, prior journeyman lineman, telecom or gas work experience, and confirmations of attendance at an educational institution).
- Health information. PulmonX may receive health-related information from you that is relevant to your application, such as when you provide information about your ability to perform certain job functions, the need for accommodations, or a disability.
- Protected class information. PulmonX may receive protected class information from you as defined by applicable law (such as race, gender, nationality, copies of citizenship and right to work information, and veteran status).
- Comments. PulmonX receives any comments and messages you submit along with your job applications.
- Background check and public records information. With your permission, PulmonX may receive information contained in background check reports and in public government records (such as work history, credit history, driving records, criminal records, and court records).
- Publicly available information. PulmonX may review publicly available social media pages and other public Internet postings, to the extent permissible under applicable law.
- Signature Data. PulmonX collects your signature and related authentication details in connection with any documents you electronically or physically sign and provide to PulmonX. This information may be used to maintain the integrity of our processes, enforce rights, prevent fraud, and validate your identity.
- Online identifiers. PulmonX may collect your IP address and other online identifiers when you use PulmonX websites.
- Website activity information. PulmonX may monitor and collect PulmonX website activity information, such as website clicks, content and page views, access date and time, and the website each visitor visited prior to our website.
Note that application information may be collected by us directly through our website or by email, and/or application information may be collected on our behalf by our contracted third-party administrators.
If you have any questions concerning the above, please contact us at email@example.com.